Ten Top Transport Tips
Our helpful hints should you need them.
1. Everything in the city centre is within walking distance - it just depends how much time and energy you have got.
2. Trams tend to be quicker than buses.
3. Always buy a ticket for the trams as there are regular inspections.
4. Trams shut before closing so they won't be around for your trip back to your bed!
5. Taxis can be expensive with heavy traffic.
6. At the end of your night out use manned taxi ranks - there will be a queue but it's quicker.
7. Always check fares in taxis before you go anywhere to avoid high fees and unlicenced taxis.
8. Why use pay buses when there is a free shuttle bus service.
9. Check out transport info for your planned visits so you're well in the know.
10. Check our website before you come for news on any disruption.
Worried about Getting Around?
Once you have gotten to Manchester and checked out where your hotel is, where the things to see are and where the nightlife is you will then need to know about the best way of getting around. The following pages are a guide to the forms of transport available within the city centre that you can use during your stay but when looking at them please remember if needs be everywhere is within walking distance of almost all locations.