A Wonderland For All Manchester Christmas Shopping
Posted in News & Polls by Trai Hadfield on 05/12/2016
Manchester Christmas Market
Maybe you still need to get that Christmas shopping in or maybe you just fancy an exciting day out over the holidays. Whatever your excuse is you just can’t miss out on the amazing Manchester Christmas Market.
Primarily based on Albert Square this market spreads to location all across Manchester city centre. These makes for a fantastic market for someone visiting the beautiful city as it will give you the chance to explore.
This market started on the 10th November but it runs all the way up until the 21 of December so it’s not too late.
The Markets & Stalls
In Manchester you will find over 300 amazing stalls over Christmas with a range of goodies from crafts, clothing, toys, jewelry and so much more unique and interesting gift ideas. There is also a league of seasonal food and drink stalls available throughout the whole market as well.
Our Favourite Markets: -
- Christmas Market, Corn Exchange: Where you will find over 30 stalls packed with unique and original present ideas such as clothing, ceramics and scented candles.
- Arts and Crafts Market, Exchange Street: This market brings out all the creative and crafty gift ideas. Here you will get your hands on everything from stitching to handcrafted mosaic artworks.
- French Christmas Market, King Street: To get some French goodies head over to King Street. Here you will find amazing French fashion and beauty products as well as tasty treats such as cheese, pates and wines.
The way the markets are laid out a day here could easily turn into a tour of Manchester. This will give you the additional option of checking out a few high-street stores and restaurants as you enjoy the markets.
Where To Eat?
The Manchester Christmas market is huge and you will find amazing eating opportunities with jaw-dropping international food available all over. Just walking around you will find amazing choices like Spanish paella, Hungarian goulash, and hog roast.
Our Favourite Food Stalls: -
- Northern Soul: New faces to the market here you will get to try some mouth-watering grilled cheese sandwiches and Christmas dinner sandwiches.
- Lakeland Picnic: This butchery will bring you tasty beef burgers, sausages and lamb meals which make for a great way to keep warm throughout the day.
- Slattery’s Milk Chocolate: If you’re shopping for a sweet tooth then you will be beyond happy with the almost limitless amount of chocolate treats available here.
Being such a huge and open market you will also get the chance to check out many of the incredible Manchester restaurants based around the market. One we would definitely recommend is as they offer tasty Spanish tapas and sangria cocktails in a classy setting. They've based then selves on Deansgate just a 5-minute walk from Albert Square.
Avoid The Crowds-
The Manchester Christmas market is a busy one and it’s important to note that there will always be a lot of people here. However that doesn’t mean you can’t avoid some of the hustle of the market with a couple of tips.
Firstly if you have the time and you really don’t like the crowds then try a weekday visit. There is always going to be fewer people around during the week, especially mid-week.
Secondly, the Manchester Christmas market is huge and it spreads all across Manchester. This means that if one place is too busy you can just explore a little until you find a market more at your speed.
No Dogs Allowed-
Unfortunately for all your four-legged friends the Albert Square market does not allow dogs except guide dogs. With all the tight spaces and crowds of people it just isn’t really suitable for dogs. The other markets do allow dogs however it might just be for the best if you leave them at home for this one.
It probably doesn’t even need saying but if you are visiting the Manchester market then please wrap up in your winter gear. All of these markets are based outside and all of them are subject to weather conditions making for a fairly chilly market.
Address- Albert Square, Manchester M2 4JW, UK D
Dates and Times- 10th November - 21 of December