The UK's Top Dating Websites
by Kimberly Low on 18/02/2016
If you’re in the market for a nice date, why not give dating websites a go?
Here are nine top dating websites in the UK that you can try out for breaking that single spell:
1. Match.comEstablished in the UK in 2001, Match.com may be an oldie but it’s certainly a goldie. Still one of the most popular dating sites on the planet, with 4.5million users in the UK alone! It’s one of the most user-friendly dating websites and has a sophisticated system in matching singles.
2. eHarmony.co.ukeHarmony has over 2 million UK members on its database. This dating site is known for its long, detailed and some say tedious questionnaire that must be filled out by new members but this ultimately leads to better quality candidates.
It started out as an app on Facebook but Zoosk now boastsofover 30 million users worldwide. With about 1 million members from the UK, you’re sure to find someone that matches your wits and personality.
4. Badoo.comBadoo is a homegrown dating website headquartered in Soho, London. With over 250 million singles from 180 countries, we’re betting you’d be spending the weekend with a fresh new face in no time.
5. EliteSingles.co.ukThe best feature of EliteSingles is that they are constantly curating the site by removing any inactive members or members suspected of not being serious.
6. Parship.co.ukParship is targeted at singles who are looking for seriouslong term relationships. There’s a 30 minutes personality test that has to be taken by every new member so that they can be matched withthe most ideal people.
7. SingleParentMatch.comSingle mums and single dads, wouldn’t it be nice to date someone who knows exactly how it is like to raise children? Well, SingleParentMatch is just the place for you. With over 2 million members, you wouldn’t be short of fellow parents who are looking for mutual companionship.
8. Sportdate.co.ukThe name says it all, Sportdate is a place to find single people who enjoy working out, sports, and living healthy. It only has about 46,000 members in the UK but that’s still not a tiny number for such a niche community. It’s time to get yourself an active date!
9. MuddyMatches.co.ukNo, there’s no mud wrestling involved but MuddyMatches is for people who love the countryside, where mud is in abundance,ha ha! With about 5000 country-loving singles to choose from, you will surely find someone who would escape to the country with you or at least watch it on telly with you.
Members on dating websites have more avenues to present their emotional well-being, personalities, and characters online, unlike frenetic mobile dating apps. With that, we wish you good luck on finding a nice
and sane date!