Where to head to in Manchester on Black Friday
by Kimberly Low on 03/11/2016
It’s happening on 25 November and if you’re an avid bargain hunter, you would know that we are talking about Black Friday!
Ladies and gentlemen, time to get your Christmas shopping boots on.
Other than deals for electricals and electronics, more supermarkets, major stores and even airlines are getting in on the fun too.
So, where exactly can you go to enjoy great Black Friday offers this year? Without further ado:
1. intu Trafford CentreThe intu Trafford Centre is expected to open as early as 5am to shoppers so that you can be among the first to get your hands on the bargains. And the best thing of all, offers and deals will run for the entire weekend and some of the stores will even stay open after 11pm! Be sure to check A|X Armani Exchange, Betta Living, Body Shop, Estee Lauder and Victoria’s Secret Pink for discounts up to 75%!
2. Manchester ArndaleLike intu Trafford Centre, Manchester Arndale will also be opening their doors early; at 6am. They’re not telling which stores will be participating in the Black Friday frenzy, but we’re expecting unbeatable offers from those that do. Manchester Arndale is even extending their operation hours until 2am on the day!
3. ArgosArgos received a record-breaking 13.5 million shoppers last year for Black Friday and they’re expecting the record to be beaten this year. They’re actually already started releasing their deals and have promised that no further reductions will take place on official Black Friday day. We say yay to that!
4. Marks & SpencerYou know where to get the spiffiest Chrismas gifts - M&S of course. This will be their 3rd time participating in Black Friday and you can expect up to 30% off food, clothing and homeware, online and in-store.
5. CurrysDue to overwhelming response, the Currys website crashed on Black Friday last year, but this year the company has increased stocks by 40% and suggested that customers use their revamped website as a more pleasant alternative to joining the crowds.
6. TescoIt’s not just for buying groceries, Tesco also stocks a great range of household electricals and clothing. All of its Greater Manchester ‘Extra’ stores will open at 5am for Black Friday.
7. BootsFrom 26 October to 22 November, Boots will be offering shoppers a free Soap & Glory phone charger and mirror kit with every purchase of two or more full sized Soap & Glory products in the run up to Black Friday. We do expect more fun offers to follow!
8. River Island
Looking for some nice duds for Christmas and New Year? Well, River Island is the place to go. Leading up to Black Friday, it is offering great discounts across its ladies, mens and kidswear, both online and in-store. Shoppers will also enjoy additional discounts will on Black Friday and cyber Monday.
Happy Black Friday shopping, folks!